Sunday, December 10, 2006

Information On My Students..!!

Assalamualaikum,

I am very sorry if I never update this blog. It is because my computer stuck in the toilet bowl. I don't know what happen. I have to call up the Plumber so that I can use the computer again. I know it is not funny and I don't want you to read. Mind your own business. Haha~ Hehe~ Huhu~

Let's get started,

Today I woke up at 9am. After I have my bath and all the stuff. I pick up my instrument and practice all the way till dead..!! Dead..?? Just joking..!! I am just doing the warm-up exercises. To me, John Petrucci warm-up exercises are the best in the world. John Petrucci is also my greatest influence in music.

At 12pm, I am waiting for that little cute boy - Razin and Rohaizad for their music lessons. You want to know something? I am more cuter. Haha~ Hehe~ Huhu~

Let's talk about Rohaizad first. At a very young age, he is improving. Practicing and composing songs for his band. All I can said keep up the good job..!!

Now, let's talk about Razin. He is also improving. Razin can be a great musician if he practice.

All I can said that both musician have a great potential. Two thumbs up for you guys..!!

Now I want to talk about Shredding. Shredding refers to a heavy metal guitar or fusion playing style where technical proficiency is used to maximize speed.

Guitar playing techniques commonly involved in shredding include:

- Alternate Picking

- Tremolo Picking

- Legato

- Sweep Picking

- Economy Picking

- Tapping

Nowadays, musician love to shred their guitar when they play a solo or a songs. One thing, what I almost dislike when a musician play fast. They can play really fast but their timing is absolutely sucks. They need to improve. Secondly, they shred all the way to their music. Is this making music? In the beginning of a songs, I understand what they are playing but in the middle and the ending was very flat because they keep on repeating the same note and shred all the way to their music. I hope you guys learn something today.

That's all I have to say.

To all the musicians out there, remember to practice your instrument at least 3 hours a day.

"Practice, practice and practice until you get it perfect".

Do take care and have a nice day. I love you Nurfifah..!!

Best Regards,

Muhammad Sufiyan